WTF happened to the four run lead last night?
WTF didn't Carlos Beltran slide?
Ollie Perez pitched a pretty good game, but the team fell apart.
I've been telling you all along that this is a mediocre team. They may have some sparks that indicate they are a good team but they come and they go.
The outfield is a problem. I am not going to get on Daniel Murphy's case for his sloppy fielding, although I couldn't help but laugh when he fell on his ass as the ball went sailing over his head. Oh well. Now of course, everyone is saying that Gary Sheffield would have caught that ball. It goes back to last winter when everyone had such a hard on after they signed K-Rod. And then everyone got all excited when they signed Putz. I was wondering WTF they were going to do with the outfield.
OK, so now most folks have bailed out on Daniel Murphy, and they want to put Church in left field and start Sheffield everyday. That is about the only answer to the outfield problem because they didn't go out and get anybody worthwhile. We need an outfield that will scare the shit outta teams, and the only people that are scared right about now are Met fans.
As the season unfolds, this team isn't all that great. They can not afford to make mistakes like they have been because they will lose. Last nights game was a great example of the mediocrity of this club.
Omar didn't do anything this past winter. he was too busy getting ready to unveil his new ballpark.
Speaking of the new ballpark, I bought a sub from some deli that is in Citifield, a deli that my friend told me Omar Minaya used to go to when he was a kid. Well, that just gave me a warm feeling all over. The sub was an Italian hero that cost me $9.75, and the bottle of water was $3.75. The sandwich sucked, I don't care if Omar used to go there, but I guess that is the price for doing business in New York.
Citifield is a nice place, but it reminds me too much of the trendy new millennium shopping malls that are going up all over the place.
Perhaps Minaya is hoping that all of the fans in attendance would buy a $9.75 sub, he could afford another forty year old outfielders retirement plan. Either way, Citifield has an Italian hero, but we ain't got no outfield.
Me thinks it's gonna be a long season.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment