The Florida Marlins have become a nemesis. This is getting very frustrating to watch. There is nothing worse than seeing the amazin's come back from a deficit, only to lose in the 9th inning. When all those Marlins came pouring out of the dugout, I flashed back to September. It doesn't matter which September, the past few have been traumatic to Mets fans. I get that sad, yet angry feeling in the stomach. Seeing the Marlins celebrate like that just brings it all back. Lets face it, the Florida Marlins have our number. Just like Pat Burrell is a Met killer, just like so many other players that have come and gone through the years. Yadier Freakin Molina is another name that comes to mind.
The Mets have 17 more games this season against this Marlin club. I don't know if you notice, but the Mets and Marlins are a rivalry just like the Cardinals and the Cubs were in the 80's. Just like the Braves were in the 90's, and if you look back at those years the only time the Mets came out on top was when they ran away with the division. They did come down to a one game playoff in 1999, but that was for the wildcard. The Mets have never come out on top in a division race.
Looking at the schedule, the final games against the Marlins are on September 25, 26, and 27th in Florida, then they go to Washington to play the Nats for three games and they close out the season at home against the Astros on October 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. Not that I am superstitious, but I am glad they got smart and decided to close the season against another team this year.
I'm thinking those three games against the fish are going to be big.
It was a good game though. Here it is only the 4th game of a brand new season and I felt the tension. I yelled when Delgado struck out with men on base and scared some family members. They looked at me and couldn't comprehend how I could be so involved because they still think this is exhibition baseball. But they dont know. They don't need to. I'll bring them up to speed in few months. Right now I'm just loving this brand new Mets season. It's gonna be one heck of a ride this year!
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment